I broke down and bought a new Xbox 360 Arcade unit to replace my variously failing boxes.Â If you remember back just a bit in time, I tried a couple of strategies to fix my machine.Â They all worked — for a time.Â The time the fix worked, however, was variable, ranging from 5-30 hours for a good fix, and as short as 30 minutes for a bad fix.
I’ve spent a lot of time on the boxes, and unfortunately, the time I spent fixing seems to have eclipsed the time I spent playing.
The thing I’ve found most fascinating about the process is that, while buggy, the 360 hardware is quite resilient.Â With enough twiddling of screws, I can get a box up and running quite consistently.
Ah, that’s too bad! Hopefully the new one is made better.
Here’s an option for your dead xBox: A coffin! http://games.slashdot.org/story/10/03/16/1346204/Designer-Builds-Coffin-For-Xboxs-Suffering-RROD