Here’sÂ my list, from best to worst:
- The Muppet Movie — It’s hard to argue with the first one.Â Lots of heart, fun introductions for all the characters.Â This was my introduction to the Muppets, I hadn’t really seen much of the series yet.
- The Muppet Christmas Carol — Aside from the great story, a great juggling of traditional Muppet roles.Â Gonzo and Rizzo as narrators, lots of fun songs.Â Except “The Love Is Gone”, ugh, that one’s tedious (and only involves humans anyway).
- Muppets From Space — Mega-funk soundtrack, and lots of chances for the new Muppets Tonight characters to really shine.Â Much love for Bobo.
- Muppet Treasure Island — Tim Curry is always gold.Â Great songs and wackiness, but it just didn’t rise to the level of the Christmas Carol.
- Muppets Most Wanted — a pretty good return to form after the disappointing The Muppets.Â Action, goofiness, good songs.Â Ty Burrell and Sam the Eagle had a fun subplot and one of the betters songs.
- The Muppets — while it was great to see a return to the big screen, this film felt a little whiny and angsty.Â It seemed to have very few musical numbers, too.Â The opening bit was pretty good, though.
And here’s the Miasma.Â I just don’t remember anything remarkable about these Muppet films; I should re-watch so I can insert in the above list.Â And isn’t there another one?Â I’m almost positive that in the opening act of Muppets Most Wanted they said that this was the eighth sequel.
- The Muppets Take Manhattan
- The Great Muppet Caper