I have a large mix of games, many of the recent additions from yon Humble Indie Bundle.Â The great thing about Humble is you always get access to game soundtracks, so there’s a lot of top-quality music available.Â Here’s some of my favorites.
I recently stripped out all of my music for space purposes.Â Well, all of it except for my game soundtracks.Â And Tron and Tron Legacy, but those are still nerdy enough.Â I mix them all up, but there are several that just keep coming to my attention for their quality and distinctiveness.
Click the game title for a Wikipedia entry on the game, the next link to jump to the soundtrack.
- Bastion — Darren Korb — “acoustic frontier trip hop” — really, really incredible.Â Poignant in the game, and it snaps me into another place every time I hear it.
- Bit.Trip Beat — Gaijin Games — Reminds you of Pong, but lots of other techno in there.
- Trine — Ari Pulkkinen — Symphonic, epic, fantastical.Â Matches the themes of the game.
- Frozen Synapse — nervous_testpilot — Lonely, a little on the haunting side, but with an underlying thought process.
- Super Meat Boy! –Â Danny Baranowsky — Spans every genre, often with hilarious results.
And do not forget Raptor: Call Of Shadows.
I should dig that up, never played that one.